Searching \ for 'SPI RAMs' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: techref.massmind.org/techref/io/serial/spis.htm?key=spi
Search entire site for: 'SPI RAMs'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'SPI RAMs'
1997\03\21@134607 by Antonio Almeida

flavicon
face
       Are there any SPI RAMs width some Kbytes ? If not, is any
"friendly" way to use normal RAMs width the PIC (i mean, using not to much
pins) ?

       Thanks. Antonio Almeida

1997\03\24@032737 by Wolfram Liebchen

flavicon
face
At 18:40 21.03.97 +0000, you wrote:
>        Are there any SPI RAMs width some Kbytes ? If not, is any
>"friendly" way to use normal RAMs width the PIC (i mean, using not to much
>pins) ?

Antonio,

the DALLAS DS1280 is a 3-Wire to Bytewide Converter Chip. It allows
serial access up to 512KB of memory. It converts the serial data to
the standard JEDEC memory configuration, A0 - A18, D0 - D7, and
the usual control signals.

regards,

Wolfram



+-----------------------------------------------------+
| Wolfram Liebchen                                    |
| Forschungsinstitut fŸr Optik, TŸbingen, Deutschland |
| spam_OUTliebchenTakeThisOuTspamffo.fgan.de                         |
+-----------------------------------------------------+

1997\03\24@091848 by Andy Kunz

flavicon
face
At 09:25 AM 3/24/97 +0100, you wrote:
>At 18:40 21.03.97 +0000, you wrote:
>>        Are there any SPI RAMs width some Kbytes ? If not, is any
>>"friendly" way to use normal RAMs width the PIC (i mean, using not to much
>>pins) ?
>
>Antonio,
>
>the DALLAS DS1280 is a 3-Wire to Bytewide Converter Chip. It allows
>serial access up to 512KB of memory. It converts the serial data to
>the standard JEDEC memory configuration, A0 - A18, D0 - D7, and
>the usual control signals.

Wolfram,

Have you priced these?  They go for $8.99 each in > 100 pieces!  I'm
looking at an application using about 500 pieces per year.

Anybody know of anything !less expensive! but similar that will handle
small (8K or so) SRAMs?  I2C or SPI or MicroWire, not EEPROM (too slow).

Thanks.

Andy

==================================================================
Andy Kunz - Montana Design - 409 S 6th St - Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
         Hardware & Software for Industry & R/C Hobbies
       "Go fast, turn right, and keep the wet side down!"
==================================================================

1997\03\24@095613 by Philippe

flavicon
face
>Anybody know of anything !less expensive! but similar that will handle
>small (8K or so) SRAMs?  I2C or SPI or MicroWire, not EEPROM (too slow).

Did you check XICOR product ?
 http://www.xicor.com/

There is fast access FLASH, NOVRAM, and EEPROM.

Another way to use normal SRAM can be to use some shift registers
to send the address to the RAM. Then you will need less PORT pin
to access the RAM.

Regards,
 Philippe.

------------------------------------------------------
Virtual Micro Design
UMPS: The Universal Simulator

E-Mail:  .....p.techerKILLspamspam@spam@idls.izarbel.tm.fr
WEB:     http://idls.izarbel.tm.fr/entp/techer/P01.HTM

1997\03\24@112417 by Wolfram Liebchen

flavicon
face
At 09:05 24.03.97 -0500, Andy wrote:
>>>        Are there any SPI RAMs width some Kbytes ? If not, is any
>>>"friendly" way to use normal RAMs width the PIC (i mean, using not to much
>>
>>the DALLAS DS1280 is a 3-Wire to Bytewide Converter Chip. It allows
>
>Have you priced these?  They go for $8.99 each in > 100 pieces!  I'm
>looking at an application using about 500 pieces per year.
>

Andy,

you could try a RAMTRON serial FRAM. They behave like EEProms, but have no
write delay and a very high read/write endurance figure.

The FM24C16 is a 2K by 8 device.

Internet address: http://www.sni.net/ramtron/

regards,

Wolfram


+-----------------------------------------------------+
| Wolfram Liebchen                                    |
| Forschungsinstitut fŸr Optik, TŸbingen, Deutschland |
| liebchenspamKILLspamffo.fgan.de                         |
+-----------------------------------------------------+

1997\03\25@041236 by mike

flavicon
picon face
In message  <.....3.0.1.32.19970324090550.006ca78cKILLspamspam.....pop.fast.net>> EraseMEPICLISTspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTMITVMA.MIT.EDU writes:
> Wolfram,
>
> Have you priced these?  They go for $8.99 each in > 100 pieces!  I'm
> looking at an application using about 500 pieces per year.
>
> Anybody know of anything !less expensive! but similar that will handle
> small (8K or so) SRAMs?  I2C or SPI or MicroWire, not EEPROM (too slow).
>

Andy,

I've extolled the virtues of FRAM on the PICList before. They
might be worth considering in your application.

They behave like serial EEProms, but with no write delay. They
use I2C interface upto 400kHz mode.

The FM24C16 is a direct replacement for the Xicor X24C16 and is
organised as 2k x 8.

There is also a sequential read and write facilities, so you only
need to send the address once.

Price wise, I have a quote for FM24C04 (512x8) at 0.46 UKP (100 off).

Best regards,


Mike Watson

1997\03\25@053628 by tefan Ranguelov

flavicon
face
Antonio Almeida wrote:
>
>         Are there any SPI RAMs width some Kbytes ? If not, is any
> "friendly" way to use normal RAMs width the PIC (i mean, using not to much
> pins) ?
>

I red an article about DALLAS DS 1380/1381. It have 2k x 8bit.
It have two 8 bit Ports and 2 control lines. Over the first port
the PIC can supply Adress/Data. In a 'transparent' mode the 8
lines of the PIC can be switched through to the second port an
can be used as normal port pins. So you effective need two
pins on the PIC for the control signals.

I don't have any price information on this chip.

St.



--
      __________________________________________________________
     |                                        _____________     |
     |  Dipl.-Ing. Stefan M. Ranguelov       /____________/|    |
     |                                       |||||||||||||      |
     |  tel.:     +49 (30) 20 181 251                           |
     |  priv.:    +49 (30) 513 66 23                            |
     |  s-mail:   D-10319 Berlin, Mellenseestr. 39/10           |
     |  ------------------------------------------------------  |
     |  e-mail:   ranguelospamspam_OUTinformatik.hu-berlin.de              |
    /)  WWW:      http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~ranguelo  (\
   / )  PGP key:  on request or from WWW-page                   ( \
 _( (|__________________________________________________________|) )
/>
(((\ \)  /,)                                               / )  / //))/
(\\\\ \_/ /                                                \ \_/ /////
 \       /                                                  \       /
  \    _/                                                    \_    /

1997\03\25@174303 by Andy Kunz

flavicon
face
At 05:16 PM 3/24/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Internet address: http://www.sni.net/ramtron/

Thanks, Wolfram, I visited that site as well as Xicor and Allegro (for
different but related reasons).

Thanks to all.

Andy


==================================================================
Andy Kunz - Montana Design - 409 S 6th St - Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
         Hardware & Software for Industry & R/C Hobbies
       "Go fast, turn right, and keep the wet side down!"
==================================================================

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1997 , 1998 only
- Today
- New search...