'More MPLAB comments and gripes!'
More MPLAB comments and bugs.
1. Where's my SSP shift register? The help file claims this pseudo-registe
is available for viewing in the special functions register. Don't see it
there or in the watch window.
2. Problems with deselected windows always covering up the others. For
instance, open up the Asynchronous Stimulus window. Then, open the help
file. I can't seem to get the help file to cover the Asynch Stim window.
3. I get a 100:1 slowdown in execution speed when the Asynch Stim window is
open. (4 instructions per second is pretty darn slow, and this is on a dx2-66!)
4. What's the official power-up value of BF in SSPSTAT? I can get the sim
to give me 0 or 1. Power-on reset doesn't seem to affect the value, but my
databook claims 0. Any thoughts?
5. A cool stepping function would be 'run until return'. That way, if you
get into a long subroutine and see that things are going to work out you
don't have to single step through a long routine (say, a floating point
divide!). I guess I could scroll down and set a break, but I usually don't
put labels at the end of routines.
More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1996
, 1997 only
- New search...