Searching \ for 'More Heart Monitors' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: techref.massmind.org/techref/index.htm?key=more+heart+monitors
Search entire site for: 'More Heart Monitors'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'More Heart Monitors'
1998\03\30@101709 by Rock Thompson

picon face
Recent discussion here and on several newsgroups has discussed the
type of heart rate monitor that uses a light directed through a finger
or earlobe.  But the majority of current commercial exercise heart
rate monitors use a strap that goes across the users chest.  You
dampen the two pads on the strap and it picks up your heart rate,
transmitting it to a display. Anyone have some thoughts on how to
build one of these?

Rock T




_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

1998\03\30@105339 by Craig Webb

flavicon
face
>  But the majority of current commercial exercise heart
>rate monitors use a strap that goes across the users chest.  You
>dampen the two pads on the strap and it picks up your heart rate,
>transmitting it to a display. Anyone have some thoughts on how to
>build one of these?

I have one of these. What I find amazing is that the electronics has been
running on one 3V watch battery for about 5 years or so, which also includes
RF transmission from the monitoring strap to a watch. Amazing. I assume it
must be simple single pulse RF with each heart beat.

What is interesting about the IR type is that they can measure both
oxygenated and non-oxygenated blood levels (using different IR wavelengths)
and I've also even heard of some researchers doing studies with the shape of
the pulse curve which can tell information about heart valves and blockages,
etc. Very interesting.

C. Webb

At 07:10 AM 3/30/98 -0800, you wrote:
{Quote hidden}

1998\03\30@121145 by Jacques Audette

flavicon
face
The interesting part of this is the fact that you can get an ECG with an
instrumentation amp. Just detect peaks to calculate HR.
I have the schematics at home, e-mail private if you want to see.

+--------------------------+-----------------------+
|                          | ABL Canada inc.       |
| Jacques Audette          | 8550 Cote-de-Liesse   |
| Hardware design          | St-Laurent, Qc        |
| Video Codecs             | H4T 1H2               |
|                          | Tel: (514)344-5432    |
| spam_OUTjacques.audetteTakeThisOuTspamabl.ca   | Fax: (514)344-5439    |
+--------------------------+-----------------------+

{Quote hidden}

1998\03\30@164231 by Alex Torres

flavicon
face
> From: Craig Webb <.....lucidKILLspamspam.....MAGNET.CA>
>
> What is interesting about the IR type is that they can measure both
> oxygenated and non-oxygenated blood levels (using different IR
wavelengths)

No, not different IR wavelength. Pulseoximetrs use 2 LEDs - one RED and one
IR.

> and I've also even heard of some researchers doing studies with the shape
of
> the pulse curve which can tell information about heart valves and
blockages,
> etc. Very interesting.

Yes, but it is an expecive device. You need 20-bit ADC to measure REDmax,
REDmin, IRmax, IRmin
value and then calculate SO2, but I never see the formula to calculate
it.....


Alex Torres, Kharkov, Ukraine (exUSSR)
EraseMEaltorspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTchat.ru
2:461/28@FidoNet
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/6311

1998\03\30@180030 by Calvin

flavicon
face
In a not too old issue of Electronic Design, there was a very interesting
design of a pulse meter, that used the LED-SENSOR pair principle, and had a
brief but good explanation of the theory behind it. One of the nice things
about this design was that it had an analog output, and a digital one.

If anyone is interested I can dig the mag, and let you know the exact issue
and page.

Calvin

{Original Message removed}

1998\03\31@155439 by Alex Torres

flavicon
face
> From: Calvin <tgospamspam_OUTCHIH1.TELMEX.NET.MX>
>
> In a not too old issue of Electronic Design, there was a very interesting
> design of a pulse meter, that used the LED-SENSOR pair principle, and had
a
> brief but good explanation of the theory behind it. One of the nice
things
> about this design was that it had an analog output, and a digital one.
>
> If anyone is interested I can dig the mag, and let you know the exact
issue
> and page.
I'm interesting.

Alex Torres, Kharkov, Ukraine (exUSSR)
@spam@altorKILLspamspamchat.ru
2:461/28 FidoNet
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/6311

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1998 , 1999 only
- Today
- New search...