Searching \ for 'Low cost programmer for PIC18F4550?' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: techref.massmind.org/techref/microchip/devprogs.htm?key=programmer
Search entire site for: 'Low cost programmer for PIC18F4550?'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'Low cost programmer for PIC18F4550?'
2005\10\29@080801 by Andy Armstrong

flavicon
face
I'm putting together a piece for Make magazine that will involve the  
use of Flash USB PIC (I guess that means 18F2455/2550/4455/4550 from  
a quick scan of the Microchip site). I'd like to recommend a cost  
effective programmer for people to use. Any recommendations? Thanks :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net

2005\10\29@100511 by Robert Payne

flavicon
face

> I'm putting together a piece for Make magazine that will involve the  
> use of Flash USB PIC (I guess that means 18F2455/2550/4455/4550 from  
> a quick scan of the Microchip site). I'd like to recommend a cost  
> effective programmer for people to use. Any recommendations? Thanks :)
>
I have just put together a JDM programmer from this site:-

http://feng3.cool.ne.jp/en/pg5v2.html

It works a treat !!!!!!!!

So far I have used it to program an 18F2550 (amongst others) without a
problem so I would imagine that
it would do the rest of the chips you mention. Software used was WinPic800.

One problem (see my previous post) that with WinPic800 software I could
not program on com2
(com 1 is fine) although other software such as ICprog worked equally
well on both com ports.

Hope this helps.

BTW what is make magazine?

Cheers

Rob Payne

2005\10\29@101438 by Andy Armstrong

flavicon
face
On 29 Oct 2005, at 15:05, Robert Payne wrote:
> I have just put together a JDM programmer from this site:-
>
> http://feng3.cool.ne.jp/en/pg5v2.html
>
> It works a treat !!!!!!!!
>
> So far I have used it to program an 18F2550 (amongst others)  
> without a problem so I would imagine that
> it would do the rest of the chips you mention. Software used was  
> WinPic800.

Excellent, thanks. I'll check it out.

> One problem (see my previous post) that with WinPic800 software I  
> could not program on com2
> (com 1 is fine) although other software such as ICprog worked  
> equally well on both com ports.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> BTW what is make magazine?

http://makezine.com/

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net

2005\10\29@173057 by Juan Cubillo

flavicon
face
art2003.no-ip.com

Extremely simple, uses winpic800

Juan Cubillo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Armstrong" <spam_OUTandyTakeThisOuTspamhexten.net>
To: "Microcontroller discussion list - Public." <.....piclistKILLspamspam@spam@mit.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:07 AM
Subject: Low cost programmer for PIC18F4550?


> I'm putting together a piece for Make magazine that will involve the  
> use of Flash USB PIC (I guess that means 18F2455/2550/4455/4550 from  
> a quick scan of the Microchip site). I'd like to recommend a cost  
> effective programmer for people to use. Any recommendations? Thanks :)
>
> --
> Andy Armstrong, hexten.net
>
> --

2005\10\29@173542 by Andy Armstrong

flavicon
face
On 29 Oct 2005, at 21:30, Juan Cubillo wrote:
> http://art2003.no-ip.com
>
> Extremely simple, uses winpic800

Ah lovely - thanks Juan :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net

2005\10\29@174434 by Andy Armstrong

flavicon
face
On 29 Oct 2005, at 22:35, Andy Armstrong wrote:
>> http://art2003.no-ip.com
>>
>> Extremely simple, uses winpic800
>>
>
> Ah lovely - thanks Juan :)

I guess that's a home server is it? It seems to be down at the moment.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2005 , 2006 only
- Today
- New search...