Searching \ for 'Car tacho' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: techref.massmind.org/techref/index.htm?key=car+tacho
Search entire site for: 'Car tacho'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'Car tacho'
1998\03\30@080119 by Shity kitten for sale

flavicon
face
Hi all,

Can anyone give me any information on connecting the ignition coil of
a car to a PIC input for the purposes of a tachometer.

Cheers

Mike

spam_OUTmen5m3bTakeThisOuTspamelecteng.leeds.ac.uk

1998\03\30@132726 by Alastair

flavicon
Mike wrote:

>Hi all,

>Can anyone give me any information on connecting the ignition coil of
>a car to a PIC input for the purposes of a tachometer.

>Cheers

>Mike

>.....men5m3bKILLspamspam@spam@electeng.leeds.ac.uk

Use a circuit something like this:


                                     1N4007 diode

 Ign coil input side (low tension) +
---------->I---------/\/\/\/\---------------------------- PIC or Monostable
                                                         __I__/
                                                        /       /\         5v z
ener
                                                         I
                                  ____________________I____________ negative of
both car and PIC circiut
                                         //////
You may want to use a monostable as the input will have a lot of RF ringing on
it.

Robert

1998\03\30@132726 by Alastair

flavicon
Mike wrote:

>Hi all,

>Can anyone give me any information on connecting the ignition coil of
>a car to a PIC input for the purposes of a tachometer.

>Cheers

>Mike

>men5m3bspamKILLspamelecteng.leeds.ac.uk

Use a circuit something like this:


                                     1N4007 diode

 Ign coil input side (low tension) +
---------->I---------/\/\/\/\---------------------------- PIC or Monostable
                                                         __I__/
                                                        /       /\         5v z
ener
                                                         I
                                  ____________________I____________ negative of
both car and PIC circiut
                                         //////
You may want to use a monostable as the input will have a lot of RF ringing on
it.

Robert

1998\03\31@215927 by TONY NIXON 54964

flavicon
picon face
I have a circuit for an interface if you like. It is in gif format.


Regards

Tony


PicNPoke Multimedia 16F84 Beginners PIC Tools.

**PLUS** - PicNPlay - PicNPlan - PicNPrep - PicNPost
PicNPort - DT Type Saver - *new* PicNQuiz.
Recent addition - DogBoneZ Component.

http://www.dontronics.com/picnpoke.html

1998\03\31@221017 by Allen Demers

flavicon
face
On 04/01/98 09:08:38 you wrote:
>
>I have a circuit for an interface if you like. It is in gif format.
>
>
>Regards
>
>Tony
>
>
>PicNPoke Multimedia 16F84 Beginners PIC Tools.
>
>**PLUS** - PicNPlay - PicNPlan - PicNPrep - PicNPost
>PicNPort - DT Type Saver - *new* PicNQuiz.
>Recent addition - DogBoneZ Component.
>
>http://www.dontronics.com/picnpoke.html
>
>

Deja vu...all over again...  :)
Good Scematics!
Allen


'Car tacho'
1998\04\01@024315 by Ing. Andreas Pockberger
flavicon
face
H Allen !

Where did you find the scematics ? pls give an info
regards
Andreas

1998\04\02@030823 by Brett Paulin

flavicon
face
G'day Tony,

>I have a circuit for an interface if you like. It is in gif format.

I'd be interested as well..  I'm tinkering with some RPM activated switch PIC
applications..  I'm wondering if a conventional tacho pickup will deal with a
capacitive discharge ignition (Where 500+v is applied to the coil primary) that
a lot of high performance cars use, rather than just the usual switch the
negative of the coil with the + at 12v type ignition  (deceleration) type..


---
Brett Paulin : Trance DJ Spock, Electronic Engineer & Gyrocopter Pilot
For DAT trading, DJ Spock & Techno Magic - http://home.mira.net/~rando
      THINK for yourself, QUESTION Authority   - ICQ Id# 5879520

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1998 , 1999 only
- Today
- New search...