Searching \ for 'C-Code for RF communications using PWM (Encoding &' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: techref.massmind.org/techref/io/pwm/index.htm?key=pwm
Search entire site for: 'C-Code for RF communications using PWM (Encoding &'.

Truncated match.
PICList Thread
'C-Code for RF communications using PWM (Encoding &'
1999\04\22@010343 by Jerry Iacobucci

flavicon
face
I like to thank you in advance for any information.

I am trying to use a RF Transmitter and a Receiver for data communications.
I was told I should encode  data to PWM then Xmitt via RF  then decode the
PWM on the receiver side.  Does any one have any experience with PWM
encoding and decoding.  I could use either a software based PWM or hardware
based Pics.

I have been doing tests with out any encoding, and I keep getting stray
data from RF.

Thanks again for any help on this.


Jerry Iacobucci
spam_OUTjerryTakeThisOuTspamcanlinks.com

1999\04\22@011559 by Tjaart van der Walt

flavicon
face
Jerry Iacobucci wrote:
>
>  I like to thank you in advance for any information.
>
> I am trying to use a RF Transmitter and a Receiver for data communications.
>  I was told I should encode  data to PWM then Xmitt via RF  then decode the
> PWM on the receiver side.  Does any one have any experience with PWM
> encoding and decoding.  I could use either a software based PWM or hardware
> based Pics.
You should try to do two things righ from the start :
1) Ensure that your PIC RX code can adjust itself to slight variations
  in bit length. Depending on your TX side, you may find the bit lengths
  to vary slightly.
2) Try to make your codes DC-less so your rf discrimination is better.
  Manchester encoding is great for this, and quite do-able on a PIC.

> I have been doing tests with out any encoding, and I keep getting stray
> data from RF.
Welcome to RF! If you find a way to solve that problem, you'd
become very, very rich!

--
Friendly Regards          /"\
                         \ /
Tjaart van der Walt        X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
.....tjaartKILLspamspam@spam@wasp.co.za  / \ AGAINST HTML MAIL
|--------------------------------------------------|
|                WASP International                |
|R&D Engineer : GSM peripheral services development|
|--------------------------------------------------|
| Mobile : tjaartspamKILLspamsms.wasp.co.za  (160 text chars) |
|     http://www.wasp.co.za/~tjaart/index.html     |
|Voice: +27-(0)11-622-8686  Fax: +27-(0)11-622-8973|
|          WGS-84 : 26¡10.52'S 28¡06.19'E          |
|--------------------------------------------------|

1999\04\22@013114 by Dave VanHorn

flavicon
face
> I am trying to use a RF Transmitter and a Receiver for data
communications.
>  I was told I should encode  data to PWM then Xmitt via RF  then decode
the
> PWM on the receiver side.  Does any one have any experience with PWM
> encoding and decoding.  I could use either a software based PWM or
hardware
> based Pics.

There are a whole bunch of ways to transmit PWM, including gating the RF
carrier on and off according to a timer output.. That, and the methods to
receive it are a huge subject.

> I have been doing tests with out any encoding, and I keep getting stray
> data from RF.

You will. That's the nature of an RF link.  Error correction codes fix some
errors, and  error checking mechanisms let you know when an error occurred,
but don't fix it.

Error-free RF links do not exist.

1999\04\22@021616 by Peter Grey

picon face
At 12:52 AM 22/04/99 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Jerry,

We were talking about the Indigo radios and on these there is no need for
the PWm. Also stray Rf is eliminated as it is all handled by the onboard
PIC. If this is not the radio you intend using please excuse the post.

Peter
{Quote hidden}

Peter Grey
Noesystems

1999\04\22@121545 by Julian Fine

flavicon
face
>You will. That's the nature of an RF link.  Error correction codes fix some
>errors, and  error checking mechanisms let you know when an error occurred,
>but don't fix it.
>
>Error-free RF links do not exist.
>

********* And you better believe it. ************

************* Julian Fine ***********
********** EraseMEjulianspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTfine.co.za ********
******* http://www.fine.co.za *******
** http://www.eagle-wireless.co.za **

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1999 , 2000 only
- Today
- New search...