Searching \ for '[PIC] 18LF6722 Verify Errors with ICD-2 and Real I' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: techref.massmind.org/techref/microchip/devprogs.htm?key=icd
Search entire site for: '18LF6722 Verify Errors with ICD-2 and Real I'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] 18LF6722 Verify Errors with ICD-2 and Real I'
2006\08\21@174055 by Harold Hallikainen

face picon face
Can I buy a REAL ICE somewhere? I don't see it under development tools on
the Microchip Website (I guess I have to call Microchip). I still have my
PICMASTER and ICE2000. I really like the ICD-2 since I don't have to buy
yet another expensive module when I go to a new chip.

Thanks for the info! Meanwhile, still trying to get the ICD-2 running on
the 18LF6722 at 3.3V. I have a pending trouble ticket at Microchip.

Harold


{Quote hidden}

>

2006\08\21@182200 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
Harold Hallikainen wrote :

> Meanwhile, still trying to get the ICD-2 running on
> the 18LF6722 at 3.3V...

Is 3.3V enough for a (bulk-) erase ?
Check the data sheet (or the programming specification).

Most (?) PICs (well, not the new 3.3V-only types
i guess :-) ) needs at least 4.5V for a bulk erase...

Jan-Erik.



2006\08\21@204330 by Xiaofan Chen

face picon face
On 8/21/06, Harold Hallikainen <.....haroldKILLspamspam@spam@hallikainen.com> wrote:
> Can I buy a REAL ICE somewhere? I don't see it under development tools on
> the Microchip Website (I guess I have to call Microchip). I still have my
> PICMASTER and ICE2000. I really like the ICD-2 since I don't have to buy
> yet another expensive module when I go to a new chip.
>
> Thanks for the info! Meanwhile, still trying to get the ICD-2 running on
> the 18LF6722 at 3.3V. I have a pending trouble ticket at Microchip.
>
> Harold
>

Real ICE is not officially available now.

One more idea: contact local Microchip and check if they can load you
a processor module for ICE2000. You can also check them whether
they have Real ICE500 already.

Regards,
Xiaofan

2006\08\21@205943 by Harold Hallikainen

face picon face

> Harold Hallikainen wrote :
>
>> Meanwhile, still trying to get the ICD-2 running on
>> the 18LF6722 at 3.3V...
>
> Is 3.3V enough for a (bulk-) erase ?
> Check the data sheet (or the programming specification).
>
> Most (?) PICs (well, not the new 3.3V-only types
> i guess :-) ) needs at least 4.5V for a bulk erase...
>
> Jan-Erik.

Well, it worked for a while. Seems like the ICD-2 otta be able to debug
chips running at 3.3V. I've been doing it for a long time and just ran
into trouble last week.

I haven't really dug into programming algorithms, buld erase, etc. As I
recall from bootload code, the PIC can erase something like 64 bytes of
flash at a time, then program them, right? I did this (in a 5V system)
where I have large tables of data that I wanted users to be able to
change. I'm guessing a bulk erase is an erase of the whole chip at once.
If this cannot happen at a low voltage, shouldn't the ICD-2 use another
method to erase?

Again, thanks to everyone for the comments!

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
opportunities available!

2006\08\21@220109 by Bob Axtell

face picon face
Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:
> Harold Hallikainen wrote :
>
>  
>> Meanwhile, still trying to get the ICD-2 running on
>> the 18LF6722 at 3.3V...
>>    
>
> Is 3.3V enough for a (bulk-) erase ?
>  
nope.
> Check the data sheet (or the programming specification).
>
> Most (?) PICs (well, not the new 3.3V-only types
> i guess :-) ) needs at least 4.5V for a bulk erase...
>
>  
yep.
> Jan-Erik.
>
>
>
>  

2006\08\21@220744 by Bob Axtell

face picon face
Harold Hallikainen wrote:
{Quote hidden}

No, I can bootload (self-program) at 3.3V all day long. I just can't
BULKERASE.
My ICD2s debug perfectly at 3.3V.

Something has happened, Harold.

--Bob

> Again, thanks to everyone for the comments!
>
> Harold
>
>  

2006\08\21@223105 by John Temples

flavicon
face
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Bob Axtell wrote:

> My ICD2s debug perfectly at 3.3V.

You debug at 3.3V without having "Power target circuit from MPLAB ICD
2" checked?

--
John W. Temples, III

2006\08\21@231018 by Bob Axtell

face picon face
John Temples wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Bob Axtell wrote:
>
>  
>> My ICD2s debug perfectly at 3.3V.
>>    
>
> You debug at 3.3V without having "Power target circuit from MPLAB ICD
> 2" checked?
>
>  
I don't remember doing that...But I have a diode I use during
development...

--Bob

> --
> John W. Temples, III
>  

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...