Searching \ for '[OT] LPT1 mode:132 under WIN95 (OT)' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: techref.massmind.org/techref/index.htm?key=132+under+win95
Search entire site for: 'LPT1 mode:132 under WIN95 (OT)'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] LPT1 mode:132 under WIN95 (OT)'
1998\02\21@235532 by Tom Handley

picon face
  Wim, there are different variants on this but basically select a paper
size of 8 1/2" x 14" or larger. That will allow the generic text driver
to print more than 80 columns on a line. Of course you need to select a
printer font pitch that allows for 132 columns. For listings, I use the
PFE text editor, generic text driver, and a Panasonic 1124 that only handles
8 1/2" wide (printable) paper. I set the Panasonic for a font pitch of 16-17
cpi and, in the print dialog, a paper size of 8 1/2" x 14". Note, depending
on your application, it may say "Standard US Fanfold <size>".

  As far as being `forced' to "Winvirus95" and assuming you've configured
it properly with your hardware and software, it's far more robust than 3.x
and DOS...

  - Tom

At 10:57 PM 2/20/98 +0100, you wrote:
{Quote hidden}

1998\02\23@161318 by Wim E. van Bemmel

picon face
Thank you, Tom

selecting a paper size as you indicated allowed to print long lines.
Now I only have to find out how to put a FF at the right spot.. Long ago I had a
Norton Utility for that..
PFE editor though, gives a maximum line length of about 85, have not counted
exactly. The rest is swallowed, not even wrapped around. MS-DOS EDIT, as
delivered
with Win95 or MS-DOS 6.22 gives at least 100 chars on one line to the printer if
started from a DOS box under Win95. If all the time I spent to get this Gates
stuff working for just plain ASCII files and standard printers had gone into a
plain Unix/Linux box I could be enjoying Mardi Gras for days now!
That is progress, I presume.

Tom Handley wrote:

{Quote hidden}

--
 Regards,

 ------------------------------------------------------------------
 Wim E. van Bemmel

 No Unsollicited Commercial bemspanspamKILLspamxs4all.nl

 Life is about Interfacing ....
 ------------------------------------------------------------------

1998\02\25@105714 by Tom Handley

picon face
  Wim, I use PFE32 and I have no problems with long lines up to 255 chars. I
adjust and save the word-wrap options for various kinds of files. Check your
Print and Text Formatting options. As far as embedded ASCII control codes
(ie: FF), Use the Edit/Text/Insert ASCII Codes menu. Which version of PFE are
you using?

  I'd sure like to meet, and personally thank, the guy that wrote PFE and
released it as `Freeware'. It's an excellent editor for programmers.

  - Tom

At 09:19 PM 2/23/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Thank you, Tom
>
>selecting a paper size as you indicated allowed to print long lines.
>Now I only have to find out how to put a FF at the right spot.. Long ago I
had a
>Norton Utility for that..
>PFE editor though, gives a maximum line length of about 85, have not counted
>exactly. The rest is swallowed, not even wrapped around. MS-DOS EDIT, as
> delivered
>with Win95 or MS-DOS 6.22 gives at least 100 chars on one line to the
printer if
{Quote hidden}

find a
{Quote hidden}

wrap
{Quote hidden}

1998\02\26@155054 by Wim E. van Bemmel

picon face
Tom,

I must admit I did not investigate the possibilities of the PFE editor. Just
started
it with my assembler source file with a line in it consisting of a
;12345678901234567890123.... sequence 100 bytes long.
After being confined to other business for a while I am getting back to my old
profession, building hardware-software interfaces. I used to program in
assembler,
building devicedrivers for MS-DOS, made datacom specials using 8051 controllers
etc.

Each development environment brings his own editor.. grew a little reluctant to
get
aquainted  with yet another editing tool!
I prefer to stick after all with 'vi' though not the most suitable for assembly
programming. Alas my vi for DOS doesn't work well under Windows.
You encouraged me to give PFE a better try.
My problem became a bit less urgent as I found a HP laserjet II last weekend..
Thank you for your help Tom,


Tom Handley wrote:

{Quote hidden}

handles
> >> 8 1/2" wide (printable) paper. I set the Panasonic for a font pitch of
16-17
{Quote hidden}

printer.
{Quote hidden}

--
 Regards,

 ------------------------------------------------------------------
 Wim E. van Bemmel

 No Unsollicited Commercial KILLspambemspanKILLspamspamxs4all.nl

 Life is about Interfacing ....
 ------------------------------------------------------------------

1998\02\28@084234 by Tom Handley

picon face
re: PFE and New Text Editors

At 09:17 PM 2/26/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Tom,
[snip]
>Each development environment brings his own editor.. grew a little reluctant to
> get
>aquainted  with yet another editing tool!
[snip]
>  Wim E. van Bemmel

  Wim, I hear that. Over the years when I had to learn a new editor, even
though
it may be better than what I was using, you had to drag me `kicking and
screaming'
to the new environment ;-)

  - Tom

1998\02\28@164350 by Morgan Olsson

picon face
Tom wrote:
>   Wim, I hear that. Over the years when I had to learn a new editor, even
>though
>it may be better than what I was using, you had to drag me `kicking and
>screaming'

Yes.  It«s like theese Û$#@*!% PIC mnemonics I often mis-spell...
/Morgan

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1998 , 1999 only
- Today
- New search...