Searching \ for '[AD] New PICs supported by ProProg and EasyProg' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: techref.massmind.org/techref/microchip/devprogs.htm?key=easyprog
Search entire site for: 'New PICs supported by ProProg and EasyProg'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[AD] New PICs supported by ProProg and EasyProg'
2006\02\19@125009 by olin piclist

face picon face
The EasyProg and ProProg PIC programmers (http://www.embedinc.com/products)
now support the PICs in the subfamily containing the 18F6527.  Specifically,
support for the following PICs has been added: 18F6527, 18F6622, 18F6627,
18F6722, 18F8527, 18F8622, 18F8627, and 18F8722.


******************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, (978) 742-9014.  #1 PIC
consultant in 2004 program year.  http://www.embedinc.com/products

2006\02\19@130841 by John Nall

picon face
Olin Lathrop wrote:
> The EasyProg and ProProg PIC programmers (http://www.embedinc.com/products)
> now support the PICs in the subfamily containing the 18F6527.  Specifically,
> support for the following PICs has been added: 18F6527, 18F6622, 18F6627,
> 18F6722, 18F8527, 18F8622, 18F8627, and 18F8722.
>  

I suppose there is a really fine line between [AD] and [PIC] in this
particular case, since you are giving valuable information, but for a
product which you have a financial interest in.  But, IMHO, the former
would outweigh the latter, and it should be a PIC designation.  (This
assumes, of course, that most of the list does not subscribe to [AD],
which may be a false assumption).


2006\02\19@132038 by olin piclist

face picon face
John Nall wrote:
> I suppose there is a really fine line between [AD] and [PIC] in this
> particular case, since you are giving valuable information, but for a
> product which you have a financial interest in.  But, IMHO, the former
> would outweigh the latter, and it should be a PIC designation.

A few people might find this information genuinely useful, but I have to be
extra careful because I have an obvious financial interest.  I think the
only choice for me is to err on the side of [AD], although there is nothing
stopping you from cross posting it to [PIC] if you personally believe it is
a useful announcement.

> (This
> assumes, of course, that most of the list does not subscribe to [AD],
> which may be a false assumption).

I've often wondered about that, but I have no idea.  I'm guessing most do
because most probably enable AD to start with to see how it goes then don't
disable it because the traffic is so light and it doesn't seem to be abused.


******************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, (978) 742-9014.  #1 PIC
consultant in 2004 program year.  http://www.embedinc.com/products

2006\02\19@132611 by Bob Axtell

face picon face
John Nall wrote:

{Quote hidden}

I think it should be under [PIC] anyway. Some PIC people might miss it
as an ad.

--Bob

--
Note: To protect our network,
attachments must be sent to
spam_OUTattachTakeThisOuTspamengineer.cotse.net .
1-520-850-1673 USA/Canada
http://beam.to/azengineer

2006\02\19@133752 by John Nall

picon face
Olin Lathrop wrote:
> > A few people might find this information genuinely useful, but I have to be
> extra careful because I have an obvious financial interest.  I think the
> only choice for me is to err on the side of [AD], although there is nothing
> stopping you from cross posting it to [PIC] if you personally believe it is
> a useful announcement.
>  
.
Well, yeah, I understand your point.  Always err on the side of
caution.  At any rate, I cross-posted it.
.
> > I've often wondered about that, but I have no idea.  I'm guessing most do
> because most probably enable AD to start with to see how it goes then don't
> disable it because the traffic is so light and it doesn't seem to be abused.
>  
.
James could probably provide statistics if he wanted to.  Just bop
through the files on his computer and see how many people subscribe to
both [PIC] and [AD].  :-)    Some people still have a vicarious reaction
to ads in their email, though -- probably people who were on the
Internet before there was spam.   We are a dying breed, though, and most
of  the crowd thinks that spam has always been with us.


2006\02\19@152147 by Herman Aa

picon face


Bob Axtell wrote:

{Quote hidden}

I feel [AD] is an important part of the PIC community.
Here it stands out more than [PIC] because I did not set up filters for
[AD]. It shows in my INbox.
I copied the information to have EasyProg up to date.

Herman in PHL

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...